My experience with going to a family outdoor party with my family has taught me a few things:
1. To pack one or two set (s) of clothes, shoes, and wipes because there will be a LOT of spilling happening with our toddler. We also like to pack a few extra balls and toys that E. can play with, just in case.
2. To keep 1 or 2 beach chair (s) and an outdoor blanket in the trunk of my car. Often the party hosts will advise guests to do so, or sometimes they simply run out of chairs. My philosophy regardless is that it is summer after all and who knows when spontaneity will strike for a last minute visit to the beach or park with the family.
3. As vegetarians, our eating lifestyle is mostly comprised of seafood, veggies, fruits, and dairy. Therefore we have to assume the grill will be populated with everything meat except vegan burgers, so we prep our own little grill box. It consists of large portabella mushroom (to be grilled) or avocados to serve as delicious toppings for our WF veggie patties, with slices of tomatoes and lettuce. Sometimes when we feel creative, we'll prep a few veggie shish kabobs as a side dish. Everything to make our time as enjoyable as possible!
4. You knew this was coming…and it's putting the chic back into comfortable and laid-back! With the fourth of July theme-infused selections below, we are opting for basics with a fun denim mix. How amazing is the denim playsuit!
5. Most importantly to remember to splash on some SPF sunscreen for protection and pack a kid-friendly mosquito repellent before you and your family head out!
Happy Independence Day!
Basic white tee: Uniqlo
Denim Shorts: Madewell
American Flag Scarf: Forever 21
Aviators: Tory Burch
Striped Tee: Theory
Denim Skirt: J. Crew
Jersey Dress: H&M
Leather Sandals: H&M
Collar Necklace: White House Black Market
Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Fringe Bag: Steve Madden