You're probably going fashion mad with all the retail ads and emails today that are out to entice you to shop shop shop until you drop drop drop. Here are a few logical things to remember to make a sense of all of this, and help you take charge this Black Friday.
1. You don't have to fall into the "It's-on-sale-therefore-I-gotta-have-it" trap especially IF you really don't need a thing or have the desire to shell out some cash. The sales will always be there. The deals might change slightly but truly they are always there.
2. If you DO want to take advantage of the sales, my advice is: prioritize your closet needs and plan for the weeks ahead. Weather temps are only going to drop so stocking up on winter apparel, boots, and accessories is a great idea. In addition holiday festivities are near - so right now is a good time to invest in the outfit for that holiday office party your company throws annually or for the New Year's Eve Party you plan to RSVP to. Shopping this weekend for your future wardrobe needs will give you a bit of sanity later in December when you're out shopping for loved ones. And this brings me to my third point.
3. Why not check off some of the items off of your christmas gift list anyway! Prices on mittens, sweaters, scarves, Uggs etc…for the stylish people in your life have dropped. In the spirit of keeping the thankfulness going, buy those gifts now and relax later. Your checking account will thank you as well.
I am a big fan of online shopping - plus there is no point in putting my little guy and myself through the martyr of long lines and traffic. Besides the same deals you'll find in stores can be found online most likely; and unless it's a final sale, you should be able to return the items without hassle. With that said, I always recommend to read the return and shipping policies before purchasing online - Rule #1 of online shopping.
Great deals happening now:
ANN TAYLOR: 50% off your entire purchase w/ code THANKS.
J.CREW: 30% off full-price styles and extra 40% off sale styles in stores and online w/ code HOLIDAY.
SOLE SOCIETY: 30% off on shoes | New shoppers get a 20% discount w/ special code | Fast & free shipping
OLD NAVY: up to 50% off everything | Extra 15% off your purchase w/ code GRAVY
Check out these other fab deals:
- Cashmere sweaters starting at $75.00 at GILT.COM.
- 30% off the entire store at ZARA.
- Free shipping on these beautiful tulle skirts at Space 46 Boutique. You are bound to stand out with one of these at your next holiday party.
- 30% off ALL THINGS BLACK at Nasty Gal.
- NINE WEST's got to have one of the best deals out there--- ready?
- 50% off all boots and booties
- Up to 50% off all handbags and accessories
- Up to 50% off all pumps, flats, and sandals (perfect time for early-in-the-year island-bound vacationers)
- Extra 20% off your purchase of $125 or more online and in-store
- Free shipping, no minimum
Also, tomorrow is Small Business Saturday! A lot of stores will have great deals as well and if you live in Rhode Island - stay tuned as I share in my next post my favorite spots to shop at and look incredibly stylish while investing in our local economy.